Sender:
From:
Gordy Hoke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2012 10:26:53 -0500
Certainly, one needs to retain pertinent metadata, including destruction approvals, date/time of destruction, perhaps method of destruction, etc.

The challenge would be to retain enough metadata about the record to satisfactorily (to a court) identify what was destroyed without revealing the content that was destroyed.  I'm trying to understand this.  For example, would an invoice number and date from a "Paid Invoices" record series be sufficient without retaining information about who the vendor was?  A legal opinion will be helpful here.

As always, I solicit other perspectives.

Appreciatively,

Gordy
Gordon E.J. Hoke, CRM

Gordon E.J. Hoke, CRM