Sender:
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2012 18:53:47 +0000
From:
RICHARD S WILSON <[log in to unmask]>
Greetings from Wonderful Wyoming, Hate to disagree, Steve, but as a records manager who spent a number of years in state and federal government, a public record is just that: public. If a text message is dealing with public business, there should be no expectation of privacy. The only exceptions should be spelled out in the statutes. Government officials are obligated to provide open records and be accountable for their actions. BTW: I love paper and microfilm for records of enduring value.  Regards,Rich Wilson, MCP
President, R & S RIM Consulting
3102 Green Valley Road
Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001-6123
Phone: 307-630-0831, Fax: 307-632-5885
Records and Information Consultation and Training