Sender:
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2014 07:49:49 -0800
From:
Robert Smallwood <[log in to unmask]>
Hello:

I'm new to the list and have been enjoying the interesting posts. I'm an
independent consultant with IMERGE Consulting, and Exec. Director of its
E-Records Institute, a specialty research and training practice. A 30-year
veteran of the industry, I began my career in IT with Burroughs, and then
office automation with Wang Labs, where I specialized in document imaging.
Been independent since 1990. I've served as a chapter founder and president
and on the Board of Directors at AIIM Int'l. I have written and published 3
books through Wiley in the past 3 years: 'Safeguarding Critical E-documents'
(Wiley 2012), 'Managing Electronic Records' (Wiley 2013), and in April,
'Information Governance: Concepts, Strategies, and Best Practices (Wiley
2014), will be out.

I'm launching online training programs based on my ERM and IG books,
beginning in February. The ERM classes have been approved for 14 CMP credits
for CRMs.

Also, I have written and published a novel, a play, and the first personal
account published of Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath. (I lived in New
Orleans for 25 years - loved the food and music!).

I live near the San Diego area now.