Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2014 19:35:05 +0000
From:
Joshua Hargrafen <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Lisa,

It is used when the two sets of attorneys deem it to be necessary for a matter.  In my time in Records Management my organizations have gone through hundreds of litigations, only twice was conducting a full scale e-discovery campaign considered.   The first matter fizzled and was closed the second is ongoing and I am not sure where that is headed.  But in my experience, e-discovery investigations are very rare in litigation, though it probably correlates greatly to the industry that you reside in.

Josh Hargrafen IGP, CIP
Manager, Corporate Records
500 ACT Drive
Iowa City, IA, 52243-0168