Sender:
From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2014 12:49:27 -0700
On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 12:23 PM, Sharon Burnett <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Thanks for the help with the guitar, but I have been searching
> specifically for my Gretsche. It was special and had family history. I
> really do know how to search eBay LOL!
> The instrument was insured. I have photos, serial # & an appraisal. Some
> time back I found 1 on eBay that was 2 serial numbers off my old one (I
> have a standing search so I see all '62 Gretsche listings).  It did not
> have the "personality" mine did. Guitars are funny that way.
> Rock on!Sharon

Keep looking...my "guitar playing fool" co-worker has a BFF whose 1958 Les
Paul was stolen in 1970.... last month, another buddy of theirs was in a
Guitar Center in your neck of the woods and saw one on the wall marked
$150k.   He called their mutual friend and asked if he had the serial
number of the git and he had the hang-tags still, gave him the number and
BINGO... it was a MATCH!

He told the store manager, he pulled it off the wall, they contacted the
police and started the paperwork...the guy he bought it from 6 months
earlier had died... and it turns out he lived about a mile away from where
it was originally stolen in 1970.  He is expecting to take possession of it
next week.

Larry