Sender:
From:
Tammy Goss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 2015 21:32:14 +0000
Hi everyone,

I had a meeting with our UW-SLIS department director on how to best get more student interaction in ARMA (and of course ARMA-Madison).  She suggested we do a bulletin board of jobs that SLIS students can apply for that are not of the usual academic/special libraries, archives, and government entities.   She is interested in pointing out to students that there are other ways to work in the Information Field - aka corporate entities, both for- and non-profit, utilities, etc. that may be more challenging, offer more pay or better utilize their skills.

So I have taken a look at what is out there and it isn't easy to come up with some exciting, dare I say it - sexy - RIM/RM/IM/IG jobs out there that might make a student stop and say "Hey, I can see myself doing this!".  Plus, I am just one person trying to wade through tons of information....so my thought was to turn to the experts - the listserv.  I thought maybe our collective brains could come up with some interesting job descriptions and/or openings that I can use to create an old school bulletin board.

BTW - I did an listserv archive search for "exciting" and "sexy" but I will keep those results to myself.

Thank you so much in advance!

Tammy L Goss
Records & Information Management Administrator

WPPI Energy
1425 Corporate Center Dr.
Sun Prairie, WI 53590
608-834-4500