Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 2015 13:43:31 +0000
From:
Brett Wise <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Hi Tammy, there have been some great suggestions so far.  I would also recommend the ARMA job board as well as the local ARMA website job boards (the local sites vary significantly).  In the past, I have referenced AIIM as well (they lean to the more technical side, but that seems to be the trend regardless).  The most success I have had (and this was in the past two years, so fairly current) has been with LinkedIn.  Monster.com is also good, but you really have to sort through those listings.  The ICRM job listings is good as well.  If you are interested in the legal sector, the ILTA website has good postings occasionally.  There are probably other industry-specific resources out there as well.  Not to be left out, this Listserv has always been a good resource for job opportunities - although I don't see as many posted as there once was.

Someone mentioned recruiters, and this can be a great resource (one that I have used successfully), but it is best you know what you are doing when you go that route.  I don't want to mention any particular ones, but if you are interested in that resource, you can contact me offline and I can provide you some information.  I have actually known several MLIS students/grads who used recruiters successfully.

"Sexy" RIM jobs is definitely in the eye of the beholder; I continually see the most successful RIM professionals are those that "love" the field.  However, the RIM industry can provide solid employment, and every day the opportunities get more diverse (although the skill set required also gets more diverse).

Best of luck,

- Brett

Brett Wise CRM, IGP, CIP | American Board of Pediatrics
Director of Records & Information Management
111 Silver Cedar Court
Chapel Hill, NC 27514