Date:
Fri, 2 Oct 2015 14:36:31 +0000
From:
"Seibolt, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Heidi,
I think Brett and many others covered it very well. I think you have a good setup already. One thing I would encourage is a good relationship with your vendor. Even if your vendor isn't NAID certified yet they are reliable, flexible, and demonstrate good professional behavior that is worth taking into account. We have a vendor who is a small, local franchise and they give us great service. They also help us out with special clean outs and last minute needs.

I think you can witness shredding without standing right by the truck. It gets rough standing next to the truck during a snowstorm. I tend to watch from our service door and can see the shred guys check the bins after they come down the chute to ensure they are empty. Our facility is large and has some complex procedures. I decided I didn't want the shred guys  unescorted should there be an emergency situation. Also, escorting them around gets the records staff out and visiting other departments and employees. It's a regular goodwill tour.

I had one vendor tell me they had sensors in their bins so we could track volume for each bin. That may sound great  but  your HR department isn't likely interested in having anyone track when they are cleaning out old materials and may have sensitive information in a bin. Good luck. It sounds like have a very strong shredding program already.

Rob Seibolt, CRM
Supervisor Records Management
KCMO
http://www.mriglobal.org

This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by facsimile, e-mail or phone and delete all copies of the message.