Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 2015 14:14:25 -0600
From:
Kathryn Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
I'm not sure why our Clerk to the Board office keeps them permanently (I didn't know that others don't keep them that long, I'll be clarifying with our Clerk though) but our Archivist feels the licenses she has possession of have historical value.  She doesn't think that the server clearances have much research value though and was wondering if she should keep them with the licenses anyway or de-accession them and send them back to RM to either keep or destroy.  I don't have any description in our retention items that sound like they cover those records and I've never seen/heard of them before and wasn't sure myself if they should be part of the establishment's liquor licensing file.

Thank you all for your insights and recommendations.  I'll look into the State's requirements for PII and try to find out more about why we keep these permanently.  We have our schedules that we got approved by the State Archivist and Attorney General instead of adopting the municipal schedules.

Thank you!
Katy Johnson
303-271-8446
Jefferson County Records Clerk