Sender:
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 2015 11:06:13 -0600
FYI
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alex Toner <[log in to unmask]> <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 9:53 AM
Subject: [rmrt] SAA 2016 Records Management Session Proposal Seeking
Participants
To: SAA Records Management Roundtable Discussion List <

Hi All,

I'm seeking colleagues interested in participating in a panel session at
SAA 2016 in Atlanta whose topic would be (broadly speaking) what
Universities establishing records management programs in 2015 can learn
from already established programs, and what established programs seeking to
renew/refresh/reorient their programs can learn from newly formed programs.
Some issues to be addressed would include:

What are the challenges associated with establishing a program?

What are the obstacles to reorienting an RM program across campus?

How does being a public university effect the creation of a RM program?

How does being a private institution effect an RM program?

What tactics can a records manager use to revitalize their program and
engage stakeholders university-wide?

I've recently seen several Universities hiring records managers in some
capacity, so it seems this topic is timely and relevant. Records management
sessions are somewhat underrepresented at SAA and thus this session could
fill a niche.

If you're interested in participating please contact me directly at
[log in to unmask] I understand the deadline is fast approaching and I take
full responsibility for organizing, drafting, and submitting the proposal
itself. I believe this idea has the potential to be a strong session, so if
your records management situation is applicable, let's work together!

Thanks,

*Alex J. Toner*

University Records Manager

University of Pittsburgh