Sender:
From:
Gordon Hoke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2016 16:31:21 -0500
How well I remember around 1990 when Sony came out with a 12- or 14-inch
WORM platter.  They took out full page ads in trade journal proclaiming,
"This disk is guaranteed for 99 years."
Try to find hardware that will read and display the info on those disks today.

Sony has replicated the old motif of a silo of disks with robotic arms and
multiple players.  Tell me: do you think there will be an inventory of spare
parts to replace those that wear out in 25 years, much less 75 or more?

Gordy
Gordon E.J. Hoke, CRM, IGP
Lake County, Illinois, USA