Sender:
From:
Wayne Hoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2016 10:16:52 -0400
That's a great story.  I'd be speechless too.  I'm preaching to the choir, but
my two cents - Records Managers who are put in charge of programs and
want to create change, or those having to implement an ERMS, face
something very different from most other projects:  we have to change not
just actions, but the habits behind the actions, AND the whole way of
thinking behind the habits.  A new SAP system is a huge project, but it's
merely changing how to do the functions that employees already know
they have to do.  Changing how employees manage records, or just email,
for example - it's a new system, a new way of doing things, and a
completely different rationale than they've followed for decades prior.  And
good luck accomplishing that if you don't have a really dedicated sponsor
from very high up.

Three years?  I think seven years is reasonable.  And maybe more.

Wayne Hoff, CRM

Calgary, AB

Opinions expressed are my own and not those of my employer.