Sender:
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2016 07:45:26 -0400
base64
From:
Donald Lueders <[log in to unmask]>
<...very difficult to get state and local employees, and especially
“elected officials” (who consider themselves outside the law) to obey the
law’s requirements.  I have dealt with this issue my whole RIM career and
have not yet seen any improvement.>

And I wouldn't expect to see any improvement in the future, either, Ginny.
The ONLY thing all elected officials across the political spectrum agree on
is a fundamental fear of legitimate transparency.  This, despite often
making very public claims to the contrary.

This won't change.  Ever.  The only solution is to give them no choice in
the matter.  The way to do that is by taking records management
requirements completely out of the hands of the end user, bake information
lifecycle management services into every information management system and
leverage current, state-of-the-art technologies, like content analytics,
cognitive computing systems, and (as I've mentioned here ad nauseum)
blockchain solutions.

This is the only way to enforce real transparency and reap the rewards of
accountability that it provides.  As a bonus, of course, the organization
will also free up end users to spend more time at their jobs, save
significantly on storage and maintenance costs and substantially reduce
legal and compliance risks. Everybody wins.