Sender:
From:
"Mullen, James" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Aug 2016 11:24:29 +0000
Jeanne,

...We can house up to 3,500 boxes of records in our Records Center and approximately six reams (3,000 sheets of paper) fit in a box. A box = measures 10 x 12 x 15.

Just for giggles & grins, 3500 boxes laid end-to-end would be 52,500 inches or 4375 feet or .828 miles.  Volume wise, that translates to 4200 cubic feet or enough to fill 3 - 1400 square foot homes.  If stored with a vendor, at $.25 per square foot per month (insert your actual costs here), that is $12,600 not including insurance, etc.  If you own your storage space add overhead such as utilities, floor space costs, building insurance, etc.  You could even include your salary and benefits as part of the cost of doing business.  You couls also probably figure in the opportunity cost of using the space for other purposes if there were less paper or no paper to store.

Just a few thoughts during the fisrt cup o'joe this morning.

Jim Mullen
Lead, Information Compliance
FirstEnergy Service Company
Mail Stop A-WAC-B2