Date:
Thu, 4 Aug 2016 18:42:53 +0000
From:
Joshua Hargrafen <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Hello Josh,

We have a zero-day retention on chat logs.  We instruct employees through policy that business decisions are not to be made through IM as it is considered an "informal" communication method.  It also helps in litigation as many people use IM as a modern water cooler and speak on IM as they would at happy hour which you do not always want on record when going into litigation.

Josh Hargrafen IGP, CIP
Senior Program Manager, Information Security and Governance
500 ACT Drive
Iowa City, IA, 52243
319.337.1282