Sender:
From:
"Harrelson, Amy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Aug 2016 22:48:10 +0000
All,
  In teaching a training today one of the attendees stated that fortune 500 companies do not have lengthy disposition processes.  I told her that in many cases they occur behind the scenes as reports run and reviewed for holds, issues etc., and then having an authority figure OK the disposition of records in systems.  Would anyone be willing to share their deposition process, fortune 500 or 50, for proof that still some sort of signature authority paper or electric must occur before items can be destroyed?  In current state we do not have a system in place to manage or apply disposition to records, we are working on it.  So we have a manual process, partly because we are local government as well.  I need to demonstrate even large companies do have disposition processes and follow them.
We do disposition at the end of the calendar or fiscal year beginning prep in August and finishing up in mid-January.  Any sharing would be great.  I just need to drive home the point that no matter how high tech or no disposition is still a real part of the lifecycle management process in all companies or governments.  Also, if a utility would share as well, that would be awesome.  My email address can be found in the signature below.

Much thanks,
\ adh

Amy Harrelson
Records Analyst