Date:
Mon, 15 Aug 2016 14:40:27 +0000
From:
Jeff Salling <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
I am a big fan of LinkedIn and use it in a variety of different ways. I can say that dating is not one of them. I use it to share different blogs/articles that I think are interesting in my space. Everyone has a blog now, so I try to share the highly relevant ones to help my connections cut through the noise. I share the new things my company is doing, success stories and different aspects of the course that I teach. I also use it to post jobs that people ask me about. I always try to link people up with open positions so I frequently have people reaching out asking if I know of anyone...

Additionally, I use it as a sales tool. One of my jobs has a sales aspect to it and I think it is a great resource. I know that several folks do not appreciate the messages, but I have found many folks open to the touch. Practically speaking, what else can I do? I have something that I need to sell (to keep my job and feed my family) and limited options for how I can connect with a new client and explain why I am better than their current vendor. If I could just walk into an office and get a meeting I would, but that is increasingly difficult. No one wants to take the time to speak with someone they have never met. Thus, I use linked in. I am able to identify the proper people to talk to and I am able to send some key points about my employer. Unfortunately, the space I am in is so competitive that I can't wait for someone to reach out. I would spent the entire day playing solitaire or watching Netflix. As those aren't viable options, I get out there and try to make worthwhile connections. That said, if any has better ideas, I am wide open to hearing them. There is nothing riveting about sending LinkedIn messages, but I have found it to be useful with those willing to listen and open to meeting people passionate about what they do.

PS. If you don't like the sales message, don't add me on LinkedIn because I will always follow up :).

Jeff Salling, Esq.
Director of Business Development
Complete Discovery Source, Inc.
70 West Madison St.
Three First National Plaza, Suite 1400 | Chicago, Illinois  60602
(312) 756-7301 | (231)-357-3156 (Mobile)
http://www.cdslegal.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  Complete Discovery Source, Inc. is not a law firm and does not provide legal representation or advice to its clients.  The transmission, receipt and/or display of this communication do not create, constitute or establish an attorney-client relationship with Complete Discovery Source, Inc. or any of the attorneys Complete Discovery Source, Inc. employs.  We urge you to obtain legal representation in your particular jurisdiction before taking any actions which may have legal consequences.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This communication is confidential and intended solely for the named recipient.  Nothing in this communication may be interpreted as a digital or electronic signature that can be used to authenticate a contract or other legal document.