Sender:
From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2016 08:21:12 -0600
I'd think ideally it would show up at the time of the reorg - that just as
the org would retool application access, physical office locations,
badging/access controls, and even the org chart, that someone would raise
the question with regards to records ownership. After all, the former
owning department still has to service some portion of its
customers/constituents/etc. the day after the reorg - or someone else does.
Either way it seems to me that there'd be a presumptive line of ownership
that should be made explicit as part of the process.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but this seems like part of the basic
planning package, and if it isn't, it should be.

<snip>
On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 8:09 AM, Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> But a problem arises when organizations re-organization and the original
> owning department is subsumed by a different department or disappears
> altogether. This doesn't usually show up until it is time to dispose of the
> records. The question is "how do you track ownership over the decades and
> various re-organizations?"</snip>

Regards,

Jesse Wilkins, CIP, CRM, IGP
Denver, CO