Sender:
Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2016 16:42:07 +0000
From:
Marie Henderson <[log in to unmask]>
First of all , why is the whole message thread being sent out?
Now for my perspective...I came from a rather large government agency where a lot of people couldn't spell records much less care that much about them..any way I have digressed.  There was an overall records policy that flowed down the tree to the roots some where ( generator of the alleged record).  To simply the situation once the records were moved to the archive storage site (which happened to be onsite because our records had ITAR restrictions and is another story) then the records manager for the center became the custodian, responsible party, and grand poo bah of the box/electron world of the records.  At least that way some one that knew how and where to store a record not to forget what a record was had them to nurture and protect.  Getting from part A the creation to part B the transfer to the records storage site was often painful and arduous.  Through the at least seven reorgs I experienced in the last 6 years I was with the agency when an organization was being abolished and going away the records from the front office/admin group were archived.  The tasks that were going away forever were also archived, but the functions that were moving to new organizations were transitioned along with the records that covered the tasks and those personnel that might go with the tasks...in other words they were allowed to take their own records to be archived as the projects ended.  This is a very simplistic explanation and would provide more detail off line but it helped us make it through some trying, chaotic, and confusing times.
I am now just Jan!