Sender:
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2016 12:24:23 +0000
From:
"Helms, Lynn" <[log in to unmask]>
Carolyn, we had a large number of 3.5 in diskettes recently uncovered.  We were lucky and found that most of ours could be opened in NotePad.  It took some time to format the contents but we were successful.     We also found some of the larger older floppies and found a company in Cary NC that could convert those to a CD for us to review the contents (also in NotePad).  We don't' have an Abandoned Content Policy like Gary Link suggests but it sure sounds like a good idea.

Lynn Helms
Manager, Carolinas Regional Configuration Management Support
Mail Code: EC10C
704.382.2803 office  /  704.236.9697 cell

Safety First  - Integrity  -  Collaboration  -  Continuous Improvement  -  Stewardship