Sender:
Date:
Sat, 17 Sep 2016 13:07:46 -0700
From:
Luciana Duranti <[log in to unmask]>
To: "TEI (Text Encoding Initiative) public discussion list" <[log in to unmask]>, Digital Salon <[log in to unmask]>, cei-l <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], Clive Blackwell <[log in to unmask]> cc: Kathryn Harvey <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Colleagues,

As President and President Elect of the Association of Canadian Archivists (ACA), we warmly invite you to consider submitting presentation proposals for our annual conference, which will be held in Ottawa June 8-10, 2017 at the Marriott Hotel (100 Kent Street). The ACA is Canada’s national association of archivists, information professionals, and archival institutions. Archivists and archival institutions strive to ensure that Canada’s documentary heritage is acquired, preserved and made accessible for all Canadians to learn about our past for the benefit of the future. The community of archivists in Canada is seeking new voices and views from other professional arenas to help shape the future of the archival profession.

The theme for the 2017 ACA Conference is “Archives, Disrupted”; it will explore how archivists and archival institutions progress, change, and persevere in response to disruptive forces which may arise from outside or from within.  Conference sessions will discuss how the archival endeavour can emerge strengthened from the effects of disruptive forces and define a new path that is relevant and valuable to archival professionals, institutions, users and stakeholders.  We welcome presentation proposals from allied professions in the many fields such as:

·           digital humanities
·           digital forensics
·           computer science
·           big data
·           information security
·           open access
·           library science
·           public policy
·           information governance
·           public history
·           Canadian history
·           Theatre
·           Creative arts
·           Digital arts
·           Literary arts

Should you have questions about the conference and the submissions process please visit our website at http://archivists.ca/content/annual-conference. Our Programme Team is at your disposal should you wish to discuss further.  April Miller is the Programme Team Chair: [log in to unmask]

We hope to hear from you, and please forward this message to others that you think may be interested.

Sincerely,
Kathryn Harvey
President, Association of Canadian Archivists

Luciana Duranti
President-Elect, Association of Canadian Archivists
*******************************
Dr. Luciana Duranti
Professor, Archival Studies
School of Library, Archival, and  Information Studies
The University of British Columbia | The Irving K. Barber Learning Centre
470-1961 East Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1
Phone 604 822 2587 | Fax 604 822 6006
[log in to unmask] | www.slais.ubc.ca |
Director I Centre for the International Study of Contemporary Records and Archives
www.ciscra.org
This message is confidential to the parties I intend it to serve.