Sender:
Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 2016 10:58:29 -0500
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Fyi
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Leslie Matthaei &lt;[log in to unmask]&gt; via" <
Date: Oct 13, 2016 8:10 AM
Subject: [rmrt] SAA 2017 Panel Proposal: Records Managers as Agents of
Change?
To: "SAA Records Management Roundtable Discussion List" <

Hi All,

I am interested in putting together a panel for SAA 2017 that touches upon
Records Manager or those in that position who are attempting to or are
confronted with managing change within their agency, institution, or
business. I see this panel as being as broad or as specific as needed,
though I suspect specific cases will promote lessons learned and tips and
techniques that we can share in our communities. My specific example is
that I am working with various branches within our agency to shift from
using Shared Drives to SharePoint (for better or worse, tbd) and as I am
learning this requires breaking up a “this is how we have always done it”
approach to one that is more efficiently in line with the business
processes/practices of that branch. I have implemented some textbook Record
Manager-y ways of accomplishing this but I am also discovering there is a
more human and personal, hand-holding type side of doing this.

If this is something you identify with to the point that you would like to
gather with 4-5 of your peers to discuss with a wider audience, please feel
free to contact me at [log in to unmask]

Best,

Leslie Matthaei

Archivist, Records Management & Archives Branch

Architect of the Capitol

Curator Division

Records Management & Archives Branch

Ford House Office Building, Room H2-157