Sender:
From:
"Elizabeth W. Adkins" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2016 10:11:51 -0400
"Nova" may be Spanish for "no go," but it's also a popular shorthand in this
part of the country for "Northern Virginia" - and in this case you
DEFINITELY want to go to the ARMA NOVA meeting!  Register before midnight
tonight to receive the early registration discount!

Our speaker for the meeting is Doug Hensch, President of DRHGroup, a firm
specializing in leadership development, corporate training and executive
coaching.  He will introduce you to some of the techniques offered in the
training curriculum for “Crucial Conversations” that you can use to help
prepare you for your next important conversation at work and in your
personal life.

ARMA NOVA VP Sabrina Lozano has seen Doug Hensch speak before, and can
attest to the benefit his message brings:  “I recently attended a session on
Crucial Conversations led by Doug Hensch.  Even before I completed my
course, I applied the knowledge and skills immediately with colleagues on
how best to use limited resources and to resolve team conflicts. Doug is
great trainer who taught me different approaches when dealing with conflict
to resolve difficult problems. – Sabrina Lozano, Records & Information
Governance Director”

After the session, ARMA NOVA will raffle off a couple of copies of “Crucial
Conversations” and a copy of Doug Hensch’s recently published book,
“Positively Resilient – 5-1/2 Secrets to Beat Stress, Overcome Obstacles,
and Defeat Anxiety.”

AGENDA
6:00 PM –  6:30 PM  Registration & Networking with Peers
Includes cash bar.
6:30 PM –  7:30 PM  Dinner
Select your choice of an entree of fish, chicken or vegan.  Beverage of tea
or coffee.  Dessert is served.
7:30 PM – 8:30 PM  Monthly Meeting Program
Doug Hensch, President of DRHGroup
How Top Performers Handle Crucial Conversations for Successful Results

Early Registration (prior to October 14th at midnight)
$30 ARMA or AIIM Member, Government Employee or Full-Time Student
$35 Non-Member
Late Registration (after midnight, October 14th)
$35 ARMA or AIIM Member, Government Employee or Full-Time Student
$40 Non-Member

For more details, see
http://arma-nova.org/Chapter%20Programs/October_2016_Program.html

Follow ARMA NOVA on Twitter:  @ARMA_NorthernVA