Sender:
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2016 05:49:47 -0500
Comments:
To: RAINbyte <[log in to unmask]>, RECMGMT-UK <[log in to unmask]>
Jeremy Vann and Ronnie Vance scoured the dustiest, most forlorn corners of
NASA’s Langley Research Center in hopes of rescuing knowledge cast aside
and nearly lost.

At the front lines of what’s been labeled the orphaned records phase of the
center’s Records Management Initiative, these two contractors tackled a job
that was at times tedious and, let’s face it, kind of grimy: rooting out
piles of forgotten documents and figuring out where they belong.

Their work wasn’t glamorous, but it connected them with famous figures from
our nation’s aviation past, such as Amelia Earhart and Orville Wright. At
the same time, their task moved NASA Langley toward an improved records
management program and a more organized, efficient, digitally crisp future.

http://go.nasa.gov/2eRaG0N
http://go.nasa.gov/2eRaG0N+

--
Peterk