Sender:
Date:
Thu, 3 Nov 2016 21:44:48 -0500
Comments:
To: RAINbyte <[log in to unmask]>, AIN <[log in to unmask]>
When President Obama leaves the White House in January he won’t just be
handing over the reigns of power. He’ll also give up the presidential
social media profiles.

The White House recently detailed how that digital transition will work,
and as you’d expect from anything governmental it’s quite a process.
Nevertheless, it’s interesting to see how important social media has become
to the White House and how the National Archives and Records Administration
(NARA) plans to to save all that content.

President Obama will be leaving behind numerous White House and
presidential profiles on services such as Facebook, Flickr, Medium,
MySpace, Snapchat, Tumblr, Twitter, Vimeo, and YouTube.

http://bit.ly/2ejMen8
http://bit.ly/2ejMen8+

Obama is the first president to leverage various social media platforms,
securing the handle @POTUS on Twitter, and engaging with online video
through Facebook and YouTube as well. These accounts, as well as new
platforms like We The People that debuted during Obama's tenure, are just
some of the assets that will come under the new president when he or she
takes office.

"This digital infrastructure is an asset not just for the next president
but for all future presidents to build off of. The archive belongs to the
American people," the post said.

http://tek.io/2e78ntC
http://tek.io/2e78ntC+

When Jan. 20 arrives, the Obamas will have to surrender their Twitter
accounts to the next president and first lady (or gentleman, in the case of
Bill Clinton).

The White House detailed Tuesday how some of that transition will work.
Those accounts will effectively be cleaned out and archived, and prepped
for the next occupiers of those offices.

"The [@POTUS] account will retain its more than 11 million followers, but
start with no tweets on the timeline," Schulman said.

http://bit.ly/2f0bVwU
http://bit.ly/2f0bVwU+

--
Peterk