Sender:
From:
"Petersen, Steve" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Nov 2016 19:14:47 +0000
I'm working to finalize a new RIM documentation package for my employer and a discussion of how to best help find the employee find the documentation they need most effectively has broken out.  In reading through the listserv archive and other research I've found that there are two major schools of thought on formatting: Specific policy and the rest of documentation in a tiered format dependent on the level of the information in it, One policy with many sections and/or appendices.

I understand the reasoning for both approaches and am wondering if in the last few years whether one approach has gained an advantage or if other approaches have surfaced.  I know Larry will probably give the "It Depends" answer :) and will the best answer will possibly be influenced by previous documentation formats, industries and/or enterprise sizes.  Looking for some peer benchmarking, especially in the financial services market.

Enjoy the week end

Steve Petersen CRM
Enterprise Records Management
319-355-5837