Sender:
From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2016 09:50:48 -0500
I believe the biggest challenge government records managers face is
trying to get control of these types of accounts,  PK has posted a
number of articles over the past couple few years on this topic.  In
many instances these accounts were created to circumvent FOIA and
other laws in order to conduct government business in the shadows.  In
some instances senior executives were multiple personal accounts in
order to muddy the email trail.

Many large corporations (like mine) have strict policies on the use of
 messages services for conducting company business.  Doing so can get
you fired.  But I don' t believe many, if any governments have such as
policy.  You might get a slap on the wrist and some bad publicity if
caught.

Bruce White, CRM, PMP
Radnor, PA
e-mail: [log in to unmask]