Sender:
From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 2016 13:03:03 -0700
Not sure what I think with respect to this: "Through this partnership,
students enrolled in the RIM Certificate Program can further leverage their
financial investment as a result of the fast track it provides to become a
Certified Records Analyst, or CRA, or Certified Records Manager, or CRM,
designated by the ICRM. Due to the rigor of the coursework and exams
required by this certificate program, completion of the program will credit
the student with passing Exam Parts 1-5 toward ICRM certification."

I'm sure the rigor of the coursework is fine for a certificate program, but
I wonder whether the exams associated with the certificate program are
being written outside of the normal exam item development process and
whether that presents any issues. This is one of several key differences
between certificates and certifications - certifications require
psychometrically valid assessments (here, exam items) to be valid and
defensible.

In looking at the curriculum it also seems like there are some pieces
missing from the current CRM exam outline, particularly from Part 1 and
Part 5. This stands to reason if this certificate program meets the
requirements for the CRA...but that means the CRM candidate would
essentially get a pass on Part 1 and Part 5. I also didn't see anything in
the curriculum that aligned to Part 3. I'd have to assume some sort of
cross-walk was done between the certificate curriculum and the CRM exam
outline but it's definitely not apparent in the syllabus.

I'll be interested to see peoples' thoughts once they've taken the
certificate program.

jesse