Sender:
From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 2016 12:27:52 -0500
The article noted that the government employee in question was at the
senior level.  If that is the case their position could fall under
Capstone  This would mean his or her records would be retained for a
long period of time.  Granted, Capstone applies to email. But one
could easily make the argument that texts should be included as well.
And since, by definition, they are considered government records
shouldn't they be retained.

My question - why hasn't the EPA implemented a system to capture texts
messages from government issued cell phones and if they do are they
using it?  I know there are a number of commercial off the shelf
(COTS) products that do this.  The financial industry has been
capturing texts for years in compliance with SEC and FINRA
requirement.  Government agencies, IMHO, should be doing the same as
well.

Bruce White, CRM, PMP
Radnor, PA
e-mail: [log in to unmask]