Sender:
Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 2016 13:51:13 -0500
From:
mwhaider <[log in to unmask]>
Peter
To get to your question *"and what verification is done to ensure that such
content is captured in a*
*memo to file? I still find it curious that only 80+ messages out of
3​ million were considered worthy of retention. I agree that there would
be​ some transitory type text messages but not 3 million +​  wouldn't one
think that the administrators text messages were worthy of​ retention?​"  *

I think the real question is "Is there any policy/law regarding the
retention of all email/texts/phone calls etc. pertinent to Federal
Agencies?  It's obvious there are technological solutions but without
policy/laws forget it until there is something to enforce or audit.

​n the real world (non-government)​ the answer is also policy along with
good training for all employees.
This is easier to achieve than in the governmental environment because good
policy and training are much more cost effective than lawsuits.

Mary

Mary W. Haider, MBA, CRM
Records & Information Manager and Consultant
865-983-1371