Sender:
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2017 08:13:42 -0800
From:
Molly Kitchen <[log in to unmask]>
In theory this is how large organisations should work together to manage RM
ownership.  In practice it's not so easily achieved particularly for
electronic records.  Unless you have a mandate from the C Suite that is
propgated down through the organization then not much will be accomplished
from the Steering Committee.  Then there is the question of who is the
champion/organizer of the Steering Committee.  What is their purpose/role.
How do you get the architects/users educated to include record types
associated to the content who does this.  How do you audit enterprise wide
this is working as is.  Now you have systems that are sunsetting how do you
associate the record types to these systems.  Who keeps track of where this
information is sunset.  Where is that information tracked.  You have
enterprise applications being set up who is the champion to say/monitor
that record types are being set and where the information should be stored
per record type. Now it is time to destroy the content.  Who facilitates
this.

So in theory a Steering Committee is the first step but there is a lot more
needed.