Sender:
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2017 16:46:39 -0500
From:
Frank Guerino <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
Hi Gary,

One option is that you can make the specified/required times ³variable and
configurable,² such that the customer of the product can dynamically change
things like the retention times at any time for any period of time.

This will allow you to do things like set it for a minutes in development
environments, a few hours in integration testing environments, a few days in
user acceptance testing environments, and as long as you want (months/years)
for production.

All disposition states should be clearly specified and the requirements
should allow the specifier to see:

1. reports of things being (or not being) where they need to be (at the
right times), as well as
2. the ability to look into repositories to prove that the reports are
accurate.

My engineering and coding teams always had to accommodate such requirements
and test for them, all the time.  They also had to accommodate spot tests to
prove that the system was acting as expected, whenever the customer wanted.

I hope this helps.

My Best,

Frank
‹
Frank Guerino, Managing Partner
The International Foundation for Information Technology (IF4IT)
http://www.if4it.com
1.908.294.5191 (M)