Sender:
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2017 14:58:49 -0800
From:
Luciana Duranti <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
Forgive cross-posting.

****************************

The ACA Governance Committee is calling for expressions of interest for the
ACA Advocacy Committee. We are seeking a chair as well as members for the
Committee.

The Association of Canadian Archivists (ACA) is committed to advocating on
behalf of its members on matters affecting archivists and archives
nationally and internationally. While the ACA's advocacy work takes many
forms and involves all ACA members, we need the visible, formal and
continuing support of a standing committee with a proactive and actionable
mandate for our actions to be prompt and effective. The work of the
Committee will be directed toward legislators, policy makers, government
agencies, corporations, institutions and organizations of all types. The
Chair will lead the committee in the identification of the regulatory and
policy areas, as well as other actions, requiring ACA intervention and will
be the primary point of contact for members of the ACA and of the public who
request the involvement of the ACA in specific situations. The Chair of the
Advocacy Committee reports to the ACA Board on planned activities and
interventions.

Please forward your expression of interest to Brett Lougheed
([log in to unmask]) by February 17, 2017, 5 PM (CST). Please include
your name, institutional or program affiliation, as well as a brief
statement outlining your interest and relevant experience.

*Applicants must be Individual Members (in good standing) in order to join
ACA Committees.*

Sincerely,

Dr. Luciana Duranti, President

Association of Canadian Archivists l Association canadienne des archivists
(ACA)

 <http://www.archivists.ca/> www.archivists.ca l

resize_resolution