Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2017 14:49:07 -0800
Sender:
One of the larger considerations should be understanding the procedures/policies that result in data/information/records being written to NAS.  Maybe "stuff" is being written there that shouldn't be and it's turned into the proverbial digital haystack.

So I'd suggest understanding the above, then changing policies/procedures to ONLY write "stuff" that has a required retention to NAS (and segregate content by retention requirements) and tag that content accordingly to enable methodical destruction on a day forward basis.

Access frequency doesn't determine retention or value of the information... ESPECIALLY in the highly regulated financial services sector!

I'd also say if ANYONE issues an edict or makes a unilateral knee-jerk decision to act on that stored content, get something in writing from them accepting responsibly for the actions.

Larry Medina

Sent from MY iPhoneSeĆ­s