Sender:
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 2017 04:00:25 +0000
From:
Brian Starck <[log in to unmask]>
Interesting, I wonder how you could enforce the patent?  Would it apply to home grown systems as well as current products?  I just breezed through it, but it looked pretty wide open and non- specific to me.

Here is the abstract: "Techniques for electronic records management. Electronic records are stored in databases, each having a different data model and classification scheme. The electronic records created in source systems are indexed with the index having a pointer to each electronic record in the source systems. The index is updated with changes to electronic records. The document management agent applies retention rules and tracks electronic records against the appropriate retention schedule. Records that are scheduled to be dispositioned are dispositioned, and when the disposition is appropriate, the document management agent also invokes deletion or exportation of the corresponding electronic records."

Take a minute and read through it.  Would love to hear your opinions!  And thanks Natasha for posting.

It's filed by Salesforce by the way.

Brian Starck CRM, IGP

IG Consultant, Integro