Sender:
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 2017 11:12:04 -0500
Comments:
To: RAINbyte <[log in to unmask]>, RECMGMT-UK <[log in to unmask]>
The announcement from Maxie Cuffie, Minister of Public Administration and
Communication, about the reversion of CNMG to “a revived Trinidad and
Tobago Television”, has stimulated concern about some important issues,
such as local content, public service broadcasting and the matter of
audio-visual archives.
FILMCO, the Filmmakers Collaborative of Trinidad and Tobago, a new
organisation, founded by Dion Boucaud, Mariel Brown, Danielle
Dieffenthaller and Lesley-Anne Macfarlane, welcomed the announcement and
said: “The combined audio visual archives of TTT, GISL and CNMG must be
seen as a financial and historical asset and treated accordingly, with
dedicated librarians to catalogue, digitise and license the material.”

http://bit.ly/2wU2AxM
http://bit.ly/2wU2AxM+

--
Peterk