Sender:
From:
"Susan D. Haigh" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2018 13:05:17 -0500
Although I am not currently a member of NAGARA (National Association of
Government Archives and Records Administrators) I was in the past and seem
to remember they had a very thorough guide for setting up and operating a
records room in their member resources. Since it looks like you work at a
public agency I thought I would mention it, in case you can get access to
this or a similar library.

I last looked at these guides years ago, but remember finding a good
overview on everything from types of boxes and shelving to acceptable
temperature and humidity, plus how to decide on access and checkout systems.

https://nagara.org/Public/Resources/Resource_Library/NAGARA_Custom/Resource_Library/ResourceLibrary.aspx

It looks like only NAGARA members can view the full resources list ... I was
just thinking of renewing my membership, though. Maybe a good time!

Susan D. Haigh
Deputy City Clerk, City of Bonney Lake, Washington
& ARMA Puget Sound Chapter member