From:
Mary Haider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:01:22 -0600
When I read Donna's question about a Michigan study on misfiles I
remembered my years as a vendor in the 80's.  My training included
information about a study conducted in Michigan (I think it was done by
the State of Michigan).  If I recall correctly it was a time study of
the number of filing actions (retrievals and refiles) that were
completed using the various filing/shelving type systems available.
Since our product line included the Lektriever and Kardveyer which
represented the highest number of filing actions, we often cited that
study.  I don't remember anything about identifying misfiles although
that certainly is a part of successfully completing filing actions. To
the best of my knowledge this was a documented study, but perhaps the
purpose and/or results have been skewed as the story is relayed.

Perhaps someone at Kardex or a sales rep will have a copy of that
Michigan Study or can validate my memory.
Thanks Mary

Mary W. Haider,CRM
Records Manager
W.W. Grainger, Inc.