From:
Tom Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2005 10:00:54 -0500
I'm also contemplating a switch from 100% microfilm imaging to either some
combination of imaging and microfilming or 100% imaging.  In past jobs,
we've had an ERM into which 300 dpi compressed and OCR'd PDF images were
migrated along with their index data (usually from barcode fields and the
least amount of manual keying) from the scanning software.  Once indexed in
the ERM, the images were then available with full text searching and
searching on metadata fields to authorized users with the appropriate access
rights.

I'd be curious how others' deliver their common size images (Legal/Letter).

1.      ERM, EDMS, Windows Explorer or another delivery system?
2.      PDF (No OCR), PDF (w/OCR), TIFF or another format

I'm looking for a somewhat simple, effective and also searchable system to
use to introduce effective imaging delivery to the company to whet the
appetite.  I have a few small projects which I'll be able to use as
demonstrations (while probably still microfilming them per current
standards).