From:
Gus Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:14:40 -0500
Hello RM friends.  Just back in today after Hurricane Katrina.  Gave us
tropical storm force weather here in Pensacola, FL....thank goodness it
wasn't worse here....but then I'm so sorry for the folks in New Orleans and
along the Mississippi Gulf Coast.  I knew it was going to be bad since we're
about 200 miles to the east of NO and we had some strong winds and some
tidal surge here.  I guess after having gone through a direct hit by
IVAN....I have some idea of the terrible ordeal of managing in the
aftermath.  Of course the folks in MS and NO have realized even far
worse...the worse possible...loss of life, homes, loss of about everything,
etc.  To those of you with friends and family in that area...my thoughts are
with you and them.  Everyone take care and please donate to the charity of
your choice to help these folks.

Gus Harris
Pensacola, FL