From:
John Annunziello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2006 10:30:47 -0400
Hi.  I can't remember where I read this, but it was so obscure I have
remembered it through the years.

Outdated records for "X" Company were stored in a rather old building that
was infested with termites.  The newer boxes were placed on top of the
older boxes.  In the course of time, the termites would eat the bottom
boxes making the top boxes move closer to the ground to become the next
meal.  Of course, the records would never have to be destroyed as the
termites took care of that.  This of course was a rather unusual retention
period.   I'm kinda wondering how you would show that in your retention
schedule, if there ever was one.

John Annunziello
Manager, Records and Information
Toronto and Region Conservation Authority

"Information is a corporate, strategic asset that needs to be managed"