From:
Mimi Dionne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:14:49 -0800
Hi Terrance,

  Well, I can share with you what we've done here at Cheniere implementing Documentum.

  We have around 250 ees and another 100 contractors.  We literally track each employee's usage--I know, it's a lot, but a records manager has to be the ball. So, every day, my Director and I receive two automatic reports.

  The first is an Email Message Report:
  The Total number of e-mail records in the docbase is:
  The Total number of new e-mail records is:
  The Total number of modified e-mail records is:
  The Total number of New folders is:
  (Below this message is the name, subject, and location of each new email.)

  Then, we have folders called "No Fit" that are for emails that need to be staged while we create new folders to encase new content (or advise on where the end user can put the message into an existing folder).  That report says:

  The total number of No Fit folders used is:
  The total number of e-mails is:

  We're on the HR distribution list, too, so we know the new users we need to set up in the system and the access to turn off.

  We keep an Excel spreadsheet on number of emails deposited into Documentum daily per employee.  We find this particularly useful when we hear someone complaining about how Documentum is difficult to use.  Invariably, those end users have filed ten emails or less into the system.

  We scan Accounting and contract records and upload them into Doc'm, so I ask Accounting personnel to run a search exercise each week to make sure records remain easy to find.  I keep an excel spreadsheet on name of person who searched, name of document(s) searched for, and time spent.  The ratio for that is retrieval time/total number of records retrieved.  The accuracy ratio is Robek-simple: records found/records requested.

  What else can I tell you?

  Mimi Dionne