From:
"Startari, Judy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2006 14:38:19 -0500
Dear Colleagues,

My corporation has thousands of patents world-wide.  Each quarter of the
year, the IP department within the Legal division makes decisions on
permitting a patent to expire (lapse) or renew.  I am interested in how
long those of you who have this type of record maintain it.  We keep
expired patents for 30 years past expiration. It does not seem that the
decision not to renew should be kept that long; however many times at
the ten year or fifteen year mark, there are questions as to the basis
(business reason) for non-renewal.  If your company maintains this type
of record, is it placed with the main patent file or maintained
separately, and if so, for how long?  Thanking you in advance.

Judy

Judy A. Startari, CRM
Manager Corporate Records
The Lubrizol Corporation
29400 Lakeland Boulevard
Wickliffe, OH 44092-2298
Phone 440.347.1274  Fax 440.347.5218  [log in to unmask]

Both the individual sending this e-mail and The Lubrizol Corporation intend that this electronic message be used exclusively by the individual or entity to which it is intended to be addressed.  This message may contain information that is privileged, confidential and thereby exempt and protected from unauthorized disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication, or the use of its contents, is not authorized and is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication and are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original message from your e-mail system.
http://www.lubrizol.com/disclaimer/cliquez_ici_pour_traduction_en_francais.htm
http://www.lubrizol.com/disclaimer/Fur_die_deutsche_Ubersetzung_bitte_hier_klicken.htm
http://www.lubrizol.com/disclaimer/Clicar_aqui_para_versao_em_Portugues.htm
http://www.lubrizol.com/disclaimer/De_un_clic_aqui_para_su_traduccion_al_espanol.htm