From:
Patti Kraatz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 16:31:26 -0500
Andrea wrote "how other records managers handle
resource materials that aren't created by the organization."

Welcome to the world of RM Andrea.
We have codes for Reference/Resource Material with a retention of SO - - D
(Superceded or obsolete then destroy or if personal info is involved,
destroy confidentially). We also do not allow offsite storage. The office
is solely responsible for filing and purging. All we provide is a code and
retention.

Caution: We're struggling with this. We have researchers of all types
health, engineering etc. who are printing, copying and/or downloading
material from the web. Our EDMS has the capability of saving from email,
web etc and allows us to grant different types of Access rights to whomever
we choose if they're on the system. Our dilemna - how do we do our research
and avoid infringing copyright laws.....stay tuned

Patti Kraatz
Region of Waterloo
Coordinator, Information Mgmt & Archives