From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2006 07:38:58 -0800
Okay, so it works in the Lab... we'll need to see if it makes it to
commercialization.  One thing in the article tells me they don't understand
the principles of Records and Information Management and have a difficult
time with reality in the hardware/software industry though....

"...The information is stored permanently without the possibility of
damage..."

http://news.ucf.edu/UCFnews/index?page=article&id=0024004105bd60439010c0c76ce2f00409b

There was nothing in the article about the scientist committing all of HIS
reseach data to this storage media and eliminating all other sources of the
data, so I don't think his confidence is quite at THAT level yet =)

I fear this may be the next HD-Rosetta  http://norsam.com/rosetta.html  and
that's something I'd REALLY LIKE TO SEE make it to the marketplace!

Larry
--
Larry Medina
Danville, CA