From:
"Gervais, JohnA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 06:36:54 -0500
Re:(snip) We have some material that was gathered as background information for projects, for purchasing equipment, etc., such as printouts from webpages, brochures, and books, as
well as other resource materials such as magazines and newsletters. What is the best way to handle this information - include it in corporate files.....

My opinion is NO do not include brochures, magazines and newsletters in the corporate file system. I put those kind of things in those magazine holders or binders, separate from the corporate file system.  You could call it a media library of sorts, for want of a better term.  I did have to refer to that material from time to time, when I needed to order something from a catalogue or magazine.  If there was an article in the magazine I either cut it out or photocopied it (best electronically of course).  I didn't file the whole magazine.  Just a couple of thoughts. Cheers
John

John A. Gervais