From:
Susan Beamer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2007 11:25:16 -0700
Hi all, I work for a manufacturing company and I am doing our reviewing
retentions.  We have a 10 year warranty for our product.  Our sales
packets (has the orders, correspondence, customer documents, payment
records, etc) and contract bid documents are currently retained 10 years,
in support of our 10 year warranty.  The issue I have with it is the sales
packets have payment records that are retained just 7 years (in my State,
the law is 6 years for contracts, therefore the reason for 7 years for
payment records).

Does anyone see a problem with keeping the sales packets & contract bid
docs for 10 years, even though the payment records are retained 7 years
(the payment records are filed with the sales packets/bid docs)?  Thanks
for the help, Susan