From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 22:09:51 -0400
I always enjoy seeing folks from the archives and records management
fields being awarded on gong via the Queen's Birthday Honours list or
the New Years Honours List. so here are this years Birthday Honours'
list winners

ORDER OF THE BATH
GCB
The Rt Hon Sir Robin Berry Janvrin, KCB, KCVO. Private secretary to The
Queen and Keeper of The Queen's Archives. (London, SW1A)

ROYAL VICTORIAN ORDER
MVO
Mrs Megan Gent, RVM. Paper Conservator, Royal Archives.

ORDER OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE
OBE

Dr David Crook. Formerly Senior Archivist, National Archives.
(Grantham, Lincolnshire)

David Leonard Mander. Director and Chair, Archives for London Ltd. For
services to Local Government. (London, N22)

MBE
Dennis Arthur Morris. Formerly head of Openness Team, Histories,
Openness and Records Unit, Cabinet Office. (Broxbourne, Hertfordshire)

I'll let our friends across the pond explain the significance of the
various honors

Peter Kurilecz
Richmond, VA