From:
"McLallen, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:13:00 -0600
Not as long as it's bundled and sold AFTER it is shredded.  My supplier
is quite open about the fact that the shreds are bundled and sold to a
firm in Germany that does the actual recycling.  I insist on witnessing
the shredding itself - and I always will, but as long as the paper gets
shredded and recycled, they are within the bounds of our contract,
whether the recycling happens in Colorado or Berlin.  As to the original
question, I can't imagine that any firm would NOT recycle the shreds -
that's how they make part of their money.

David