From:
Allison Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2007 09:48:31 -0600
Hello all.  I am a Records Manager in a small law firm (approx. 50
attys) in Denver.  In addition to records management, I also manage the
conflicts of interest and matter opening functions for the firm.

Prior to my arrival at the firm, they converted to a program called
Omega Legal to handle their time & billing, conflicts and records
management.  I'm finding that this program is not knowledgeable in much
beyond the time & billing function.  All conflict and records management
functions I want, which I consider to be basic needs, are considered
custom and are very costly.

I was wondering what other firms are using, that is not overly
expensive, to manage their conflicts and records (files).  At my
previous firm we used Elite for time & billing and conflicts and used DB
Textworks (Inmagic) for records management but I know Elite is way too
expensive for this small of a firm.  This firm is working with a barcode
system and I am not sure if DB Textworks does.  I'm sure there are
programs out there that are better than DB Textworks.  I am familiar
with the other big name companies such as Legal Key, Accutrac and
FileSurf but, again, I'm guessing they are more expensive than this firm
is willing to spend.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Allison Thompson